Thursday, January 6, 2011

Diving for Dreams

Before

After


This is a design I created for a Fastweb scholarship over summer 2010. I used Photoshop to enhance the color of the original photo and to eliminate distracting water spillage on the pool deck. Then I used Illustrator to create the text and graphic bubbles.

My mom and I went out walking every day and found rocks lying amongst the park. We then trudged these rocks back to the car, loaded them, and went out hunting for more. Yes, the packs were extremely heavy but we pushed through the pain to fulfill a dream.

A dream is a wonderful idea within the mind, but will never become more than just a nice thought if one does not act. My photograph represents the struggles we must encounter and overcome in order to transform our dreams into reality.

My loving sister (also known as the scuba girl in the picture) and I proceeded to carefully place the rocks at the bottom of our pool in order to spell Fastweb. We can never achieve our dreams alone. We need the help from friends, colleagues, professors, mentors, and teachers to guide us through our life.

In the photo the scuba girl is holding a high school diploma, which resembles the Fastweb logo. Throughout life we are faced with the choice to carry the weight or relax and neglect our duties.

Fastweb has made it possible for students, who have persisted to dive down deep within themselves and overcome the many rocky obstacles that lie in the stream of their dreams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment