Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Fortress from Fear




The piece is a representation of the comfort I find immersed within the ocean. I used to be afraid of being sucked under by the waves when I was young but overcame the fear when I realized that I would always pop back up. The ocean is a murky and unclear body of water.  

When I am ocean swimming it is almost like a dark chasm that I must pull through to finish the race. Boats on the sea are protected and guided by the lighthouse in order for the boats to return home safely. Ones journey through life can seem perilous and frightening because the future is unknown. However, in life God is my lighthouse who I must rely on to make it through every day. 

He gives light to the confusion and stress. He relieves my burdens and calms my fears. The lighthouse in my piece is a portrayal of God’s presence in my life when the waters seem murky and I am filled with anxiety. 

When I trust in Him the water is no longer foreboding and the fear vanishes. I am at peace as I release my control and allow the waves to take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment